Monday, March 27, 2017

Buick sold


Well, we sold the 2002 Buick Century. It won't be going far away, because our neighbor bought it (for his son). In fact, it's still parked in the same spot as when we owned it. :)

It had been running a bit rough so I took it in to our mechanic and he diagnosed it as needing a new catalytic converter. They wanted $500 to replace it, so I said "no thanks." I tried selling it "as is," but most of the people who wanted it weren't really in a position - either financially or geographically - to get it fixed. Our neighbor is a backyard mechanic and I asked him about replacing the catalytic converter. He said he could do it, and right away he seemed interested in the car. He checked it over and found a few other things wrong with it, and came over tonight and said he'd take it. We sold it to him for $400 as is.

It sure was a good car. My parents bought it new, and we bought it from them in December 2006. I think it had around 93,000 miles on it when we bought it. The odometer rarely works anymore, but it came on a week ago and it had 235,333 miles on it. I think we got our money's worth out of it.

I will miss the way it rides and drives - especially in the snow. I won't miss the lack of heat in the winter and cold in the summer though. In a way it's kind of sad, but I'm also pretty happy to be done with it (the selling). Time to move on.